Get Involved! Volunteer
All parents are encouraged to get involved in some aspect of volunteer work at Summit.
In elementary school, small children love to see their parents in the classroom. Intermediate and high school parents have great power as role models. Volunteering at school helps parents learn about the curriculum and enables them to provide better guidance at home. Volunteering in ways your child can see and appreciate increases the likelihood that he or she will do community service as an adult.
There are many ways to get involved such as through our Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF), Booster Clubs, Lunch Room Angel, homeroom parents, field trip drivers, special event organizers, and workroom aides. These are just a few of the many opportunities available.
All parents must undergo a background check each year before they may volunteer. Click here to start the background check process.
The Booster Clubs:
Athletic Booster Club
The Athletic Booster Club is a parent-driven organization designed to rally parents and the community in support of athletes at Summit Christian Academy. The primary focus includes fund-raising and volunteer coordination for all varsity sports. The Athletic Booster Club also provides a portion of the total athletic budget annually and assists financially with purchases for the athletic programs throughout the year.
Examples of capital contributions from the efforts of the Booster Club:
- Volleyball standards
- Recording equipment for all sports
- Logo chairs and scoring table for volleyball/basketball
- Record board for secondary sports
- New uniforms for secondary sports
The Athletic Booster Club will publish volunteer opportunities throughout the school year during the different athletic seasons and welcomes all Summit parents to be actively involved.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved with the work of the Athletic Booster Club, please contact an Athletic Booster Club Member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Michael Larpenter||Vice President|
|Noelia Medina||Concessions Coordinator|
|Lucy Vannoy||Volunteer Coordinator|
Fine Arts Booster Club
Mission Statement: The mission of Summit Christian Academy FAB Club is to enrich, support, promote, and acknowledge excellence in the art, music, film, and theatrical arts programs. The SCA Fine Arts Booster Club will affirm and promote new and existing fine arts programs through prayer, encouragement, volunteering, and financial contributions.
- To be a support system for the fine arts depatments through prayer, encouragement, volunteering, and finanacial contributions
- To be advocates for the fine arts departments
- To stimulate greater interest and appreciation for the fine arts
- To increase parental participation in the fine arts programs
- To help promote individual fine arts departments as well as the fine arts group as a whole
- To lead in fundraising for a fine arts building and the fine arts departments
- To help organize fine arts events, fundraisers, and special projects
- To promote the SCA Fine Arts Programs and accomplishment to the community
- To provide reliable, yearly income to fund the booster program and activities and to potentially provide fundraising opportunities for projects or trips approved by the membership
- To promote the Fine Arts Booster Club itself
Contact Information: How to volunteer, donate, or other inquiries, contact us at email@example.com.
Parent Teacher Fellowship
The Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) serves our teachers and students by engaging parents in volunteer service to our school community.
The PTF creates opportunities for fellowship with our families through planning and scheduling events throughout the year, encouraging volunteerism and service to the Summit family, providing support and gratitude to the Summit teachers and staff, and communicating needs, events, and servant-leader opportunities.
The PTF sponsors the following events:
- Grandparent's Day
- Book Fair
- Father/Son Campout
- Teacher Appreciation
- Muffins with Mom
- Donuts with Dad
- Daddy Daughter Dance
- Spring Auction
The Summit PTF welcomes your support. If you are interested in becoming an official member of the PTF, please contact the PTF Leadership Team.