At Summit Christian Academy, our values represent our core philosophies which guide us throughout all circumstances, irrespective of changes in our goals or strategies. Our values represent our ethical standards and moral accountability.
Because our greatest calling is to worship Christ, He is the center of all that we do and all that we are as a Christian school.
Christ as the center represents our core foundation upon which all things are supported. Christ is the focus, motive, and source of what we do and how we do it.
Christ-centered education provides the framework for learning. Summit Christian Academy recognizes that all truth is from God. Sharing the truth and love of Christ with others is a foundational part of life on our campus whether in the classroom, in the gym, on a field trip, or at chapel services.
- Pursuing: SCA pursues outstanding staff leadership, grounded in a biblical worldview, equipped to meet the needs of various learning styles.
- Partnering: SCA partners with our teachers, staff, students, and parents to hold each accountable for a shared learning partnership, thereby enabling academic success.
- Challenging: SCA challenges students intellectually, while embracing their natural talents and individual gifts.
- Developing: SCA develops a rigorous, but encouraging environment, fostering responsibility and accountability.
- Promoting: SCA promotes the importance of character development so that our students can make an impact in the world.
- Nurturing: SCA nurtures the development of a healthy self-esteem by teaching students to appreciate their own talents while recognizing and valuing the talents of others.
- Reinforcing: SCA reinforces the importance of character development in all aspects of our conduct both in and out of the classroom.
- Embracing: SCA embraces the talents that each student possesses, highlighting individual uniqueness that can be used for God‘s glory.
- Demonstrating: SCA demonstrates impact-service leadership within the community through interactive learning activities.
- Inspiring: SCA inspires students, using various approaches to reinforce the importance of following Jesus Christ who came not to be served, but to serve others.
- Identifying: SCA identifies meaningful service activities so that students can pursue lives of purpose.
- Encouraging: SCA encourages students to reach beyond their scholastic experience to serve and lead in their community as a Christian role model.
"To serve the best interest of the school, Summit Christian Academy’s board and administration reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant who does not adhere to biblical standards in living out his/her life, including the lifestyle of an applicant's guardian or parent.
Summit Christian Academy’s biblical identity is in Jesus Christ: his Lordship, sovereignty, and ultimate authority. That authority is known to Christians through the Word of God embraced in the Old and New Testaments. We seek to partner with Christian parents to mold students in Christ-likeness. On occasion, the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home may be in opposition to the biblical standards the school teaches.
Specifically, we believe the Scriptures teach, and we adhere to out of obedience to God, two key principles surrounding gender and marriage:
1. God created human beings as male and female (Genesis: 1:27, 5:2, 6:19). Transgenderism and gender identities other than male and female are not biblical and therefore not allowed at Summit.
2. God instituted marriage to be between one man and one woman (Matthew 19:3-12, Luke 16:18, 1 Corinthians 7:2, 1 Corinthians 11:3). Same sex marriages are not biblical, therefore we will not admit students who profess to be homosexual, or who are children of a homosexual partnership or marriage."